Power Networking: Getting Your Name Out There!
Today’s economy presents some very special challenges to people who are unemployed, underemployed, or who are simply trying to give their own business venture a shot in the arm. At times, the job search can seem daunting, if not impossible, as it takes quite a bit of encouragement – and creativity – to keep pressing forward. A highly flexible [power] networking plan is important – one that requires “out of the box” thinking in order to increase your chances of securing desired employment. The following is a list of options to pursue in order to launch a successful personal marketing plan, which is what networking is all about. Most will cost you little or nothing to implement and for the cash strapped person that can be a real help. I wrote these suggestions for business flight attendants who, understandably, have suffered much since the 2001 terrorist attacks. You can easily modify the suggestions for your particular field of interest.
1. Attend aviation job fairs [carry plenty of business cards and copies of your résumé with you].
2. Join an employment support group.
3. List your résumé with an agency.
4. Create an online résumé for additional exposure.
5. Go to retirement parties of former associates.
6. Become your local airport’s liaison to the surrounding community.
7. Attend a catering class.
8. Form a networking group in your area.
9. Go to conventions.
Sydney Businesses for Networking Articles
Sydney Businesses for Networking Books
Sydney Businesses for Networking